📈 Sep 13 — Daily Stock Market Headlines 🚀
#inflation #cpi #semiconductor #nvidia #amd #micron #twitter #elonMusk #apple #robinhood #crypto #bitcoin
S&P 500 -4.32% and Nasdaq Composite -5.16%, logged worst day since 2020 as CPI report triggerred market meltdown.
Inflation — CPI climbed 8.3% YoY in August, which is equivalent to +0.1% compared to the previous month.
- All price indices increased except energy commodities and apparel compared to July’s.
- 📊 Core Inflation ⬆️ Up 0.6% MoM
- 📊 Food ⬆️ Up 0.8% MoM
- 📊 Shelter ⬆️ Up 0.7% MoM
- 📊 Medical care services ⬆️ Up 0.8% MoM
Semiconductor — Chips sector plunged today after the hot CPI report
- Nvidia was down 9.47%, hit a new 52-week low
- AMD was down 8.99%
- Intel was down 7.19%
- Micron was down 7.46%
Apple — Apple plans to sell ads in new spots in the App Store, according to CNBC
- Apple has been planning to double its digital advertising business workforce.
Robinhood — Bitcoin is the most popular recurring investment on Robinhood, according to its CEO
- This indicates that retail investors view Bitcoin as a long-term investment
Twitter — Twitter got 98.6% shareholder vote approval of Elon Musk’s $44B acquisition deal.
This Week Watchlist
- Thursday: Adobe ER