7/12 Daily Market Update
- Nasdaq -0.95%; S&P -0.92%; Dow -0.62%; Three major indexes dove in the final hours due to concern about upcoming inflation data (tomorrow) and earnings season.
- American Airlines +9.98% said total revenue in the second quarter would top 2019 levels.
- ServiceNow -12.74% after the CEO said rising interest rates and inflation could have an impact on enterprise spending, which likely reduces cloud-based software companies’ revenue and earnings.
- Pepsi -0.57% : reported earnings beat analyst estimate with raised full-year outlook. (Highlights)
- Ark Invest’s Cathie Wood said deflation is a greater risk than inflation. She argues that there are anti-inflationary factors in the market right now including the rising dollar index, declining oil and gold prices, and high10-year treasury yield.
Watch List 👀
- Tomorrow: June CPI report at 8:30 ET; Delta Airline ER;
- Thu: Chase and Morgan Stanley ER;
- Fri: Wells Fargo and Citi ER